Why Breast Imaging Society, India?
Breast Imaging Society, India has come a long way since its inception – accomplishing the tough task of unison of about 360 member radiologists with interest in Breast Imaging; catering to demographically, economically culturally, socially and intellectually diverse population.
The main objectives of Breast Imaging Society, India are as follows:
- To educate medical professionals on the Imaging and Intervention techniques related to the diseases of the breast.
- To conduct public awareness programs for promoting education and awareness of general public for early detection and management of breast cancer all over India.
- To encourage and promote welfare of patients with breast cancer and other diseases affecting breast. This also includes providing free medical services and
advice to patients for breast imaging and interventions.
- To promote scientific collaboration among its members and make the guidelines regarding standards for their professional conduct.
- To publish journals, newsletters, or other publications on breast imaging which the society thinks desirable to achieve and promote the objectives of the society.
- To function as a ‘think-tank’ and provide expert advice to physicians, scientists,
industries and healthcare authorities.